Thursday, March 10, 2011

what i'm doing here - leonard cohen

What I'm Doing Here
by Leonard Cohen

I do not know if the world has lied
I have lied
I do not know if the world has conspired against love
I have conspired against love
The atmosphere of torture is no comfort
I have tortured
Even without the mushroom cloud
still I would have hated
Listen
I would have done the same things
even if there were no death
I will not be held like a drunkard
under the cold tap of facts
I refuse the universal alibi

Like an empty telephone booth passed at night
and remembered
like mirrors in a movie palace lobby consulted
only on the way out
like a nymphomaniac who binds a thousand
into strange brotherhood
I wait
for each one of you to confess

5 comments:

A. said...

yes yes yes.

S.A.S said...

what does this poem mean

Unknown said...

it means, even if the world is against me, even if the world conspires against me, i will fight back, i wont let it crush me, for my heart is clear.

Unknown said...

The are are no secrets. We are all cruel. The only salvación is admitting your disgusting trucha.

salobrena.wordpress said...

it means be yourself

Post a Comment